Tuesday, April 21, 2009

There is a door to nowhere

The Talking Heads song "Road to Nowhere" popped into my head when I was trying to think of a title for this post.

I came upon the most odd sight yesterday while playing WAR. I was excited about the new Live Event, and I had heard the initial quest giver was in Altdorf. So, I guild-scrolled out (yes, that is a word now, look it up) to Sigmar's Hammer, knowing the quest guy was in the war quarter. I arrive at the Hammer and begin running toward the exit door. As I turn the corner, I think to myself, "That's odd, the door is open, and I'm looking out at a big blue expanse with a lovely sunset." Well, so confused at what I saw, I forgot to stop running. As I stepped through the door and my feet hit nothing but air, I realized I should have stopped.

I was having a bit of a Time Bandits flashback. I quickly rotated the camera view and watched the landing of the entryway quickly fade into the distance as my body fell through this weird nothingness. After about 5 sec I contacted something immovable which killed me. I respawned (in the Chaos Wastes, mind you) and used another guild scroll, thinking to myself, "Surely, the door will be working now." Nope.

I arrived, but this time a little wiser. I stopped before passing through the door and took a few screenshots to remember the occasion.






















While unexpected and a little bothersome, I rather enjoyed the little side adventure I took to the underworld of Altdorf. I wish I could have lived and explored a little bit, but Alas, poor Yorick, it was not meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment