Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ostermark brings the pain!

Wow, talk about being bullied! I play on Phoenix Throne, which for a time was always touted as being Order heavy. Yes, we were able to get into the IC twice in the last couple months, but Destruction forces got into Altdorf once, so I can't really say that defines the server as Order heavy. Sure, maybe Order pushed a few more forts than Destruction did, but I don't think that sets a standard for domination on the server.

My point is, since the Ostermark transfers, Order has been in a constant state of defense. Pretty much the only time that Order has been in the middle zones pushing is after a successful fort defense and the zones set back to the middle or a successful single fort attack but not subsequent second fort attack and the zones set back.

I log on most nights around 10PM EST (6PM my time) and the first thing I do is try to figure out where we are defending. Destruction forces have been far more in number and far better strategically. I have been extremely impressed at their ability to take the zone without waiting for the 2 hour keep timers (which has made zone captures much more difficult imo). Their coordination on scens and PQs (maybe, I don't have confirmation on this) has made it so they rush and take BOs or keeps and they win on VPs

 I think one thing Order is lacking right now are strong leaders that are able to direct the multitude of secondary leaders. So many people have showed up in T4 lately that want to lead. This is a good thing in the long run, but for now, there are too many people issuing orders. Kiamar is usually pretty good about trying to coordinate things, but even he seems to have faded into the spam filled region chat. His voice doesn't seem to resonate as it used to.

I miss the days of taking Destruction keeps and fortresses. I want to see the Inevitable City again, Frodo. I want to see Order start planning more effectively. Let's take a page from Destruction's playbook if need be. The ultimate form of flattery is copying, and I think we need to flatter Destruction right now. I fear that if our morale drops too much, people will stop playing, and that is not fun for anyone, even for those Order guys that chose to go help Destruction by switching sides (I won't mention names) because Destruction was going to be so outnumbered after the Ostermark transfers and they didn't want Order to totally own this server.

LAWL!

No comments:

Post a Comment