Friday, March 27, 2009

Petition to capitalize Don't

Taken from: http://breakfastatwar.wordpress.com/

Title of post:
Top 5 Bucket o’ Lawlz - 3.27.09
Number Three. Things you Don’t want to hear from your healer.

Best Quote. Random Zealot; Ok Maggots! I want at least two forms of guard on me. I dont get them, I go dps mode.

I love how Don’t is capitalized in the title. So from here on out, I’m capitalizing Don’t as well. All the cool kids are apparently doing it. I love threads like this where people share hilarious moments like this. Some of them are pretty generic, but there are definitely some that stick out and had me cracking up. And it’s long enough for me to go through that popcorn.


I'm all for it. I am a math teacher, and one of the things I like to impress upon students is that things in life change. Look for ways to challenge the status quo. Don't is a pretty important word. We use it for things like: Don't touch that! Don't you dare look at me like that? Don't you know who you're talking to? We always capitalize at the beginning of sentences, so why not capitalize it in the middle, like this?

What if I Don't come over there? I Don't care if you're 200 lbs heavier than me! We Don't need no education!

So here's to Don't; spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment