Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Volcano wants to take away my WAR time, but I say, "NO!"

Mt. Redoubt has been ill lately, like someone with a bad case of the  stomach flu. The scientists have been taking its temperature for several months now, ever since it was getting a little rumbly in the tumbly, if you know what I mean. At work, we have to bag our computers before we leave in case there is some spewage while we are away.

Just over a week ago, the volcano finally prayed to the porcelain god that is our vicinity. The vomitous eruptions have been off and on for about 9 days now. There were periods of explosive activity, followed by that period where you say to yourself, "Wow, I feel good now," only to be rushing to the lavatory in another 20 minutes and screaming in technicolor.

What does this have to do with WAR? Well, my house has a forced air heating system, which means it draws air from outside, heats it up and blows the heated air throughout the house. You can see where I'm going with this can't you? If there is ash in the air, it gets sucked in also, heated up and blown throughout the house, right into my vacuum creating computer with its uber swirling fanage.

Anchorage has been lucky to not be in the path of the ash after the numerous blasts. On Saturday though, the wind was just right and sent a nice shower of ash headed toward our little ocean side community. I screamed toward Mt. Redoubt, "You can't stop me from playing WAR! I must make more talismans. I must go pew, pew, pew with my bow at scantily clad dark elves and orcs that aren't smart enough to switch to Geico." Realizing that I may need to do something, I opened up my furnace editing UI, and stacked two Filters of Ash Extrusion right at the entry point of airflow. I did notice a faster cooldown of my house, but I did not notice any ash getting through. Win! I put on my warm socks, pulled on another sweatshirt, and went back to pouncing around Eataine.

No comments:

Post a Comment